MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — Although strongly protective of gun rights in general, most Tennessee voters favor requiring background checks for gun sales among private individuals and at gun shows and support laws to prevent the mentally ill from buying guns, according to the latest MTSU Poll.
A statewide Middle Tennessee State University poll of Tennesseans
Data and analysis:
Ken Blake, Ph.D.
Jason Reineke, Ph.D.
- Blackburn, Dean, Bredesen take early leads in key Tennessee primaries for Senate, governor
- Disapproval of Sen. Corker rises in wake of feud with Trump
- State voters want Obamacare repealed, but only after seeing alternative
- Trump’s approval on the edge in Tennessee
- Support mixed for proposed gas tax increase, but many don’t know much about it